Friday, February 16, 2018

FACE: SKIN DEWI Skincare Review

Hello bunnies ♥

As I promised. Here's my full review of new skincare that I've tried for almost a month now.
It's a skin care from Skin Dewi. Have you heard about it? It's an organic skincare that deals with alot of skin problems. I've heard alot of good stuff about it so when I get the chance to try it, I was so excited! I'm going to write this in mix Bahasa and English.


Now, it's abit about Skin Dewi
You can check more of it on their website: skindewi.com

Jadi buat kalian yang udah follow instagram aku dan nonton IG story aku beberapa minggu lalu pasti tau that I tried out 3 of their product which concentrates on flaw skin like mine such as redness, oily skin and acnes.
I've been dealing with alot worse acne and it's been tough on me. But now that my skin is super better, I want to find skin care that my skin could live with without causing more acne to come at the same time fixing my skin from all the acne scars and redness.


That's why I got:
1. Skin Dewi Calendula Soothing Gel
2. Skin Dewi Hazelnut Balancing Cleansing Milk
3. Skin Dewi Toner Sebum Balancing and For Acne

.
.

Let's discuss it one by one! First, i'm going to talk about
Hazelnut Balancing Cleansing Milk

This Hazelnut Balancing Cleansing Milk contains Witch Hazel Water which is good for oily skin. 
it helps to remove excess oil from the skin and to treat blemishes that appears in the skin and reduce irritation.


Skin Dewi Hazelnut Balancing Cleansing Milk is soap free and mild cleansing for oily skin and acne prone skin. It helps normalizes sebum production and reduces appearance of pore.
Gentle milk cleanser that dissolves pore clogging impurities without drying your skin. Targets and balances combination to oily skin.

The first step to restoring an acne-free skin, Hazelnut Cleansing Milk simultaneously purifies clogged pores of impurities, wash away the daily stress of pollution and dirt, soothe angry blemishes, all whilst maintaining a creamy, nourishing, non-drying formula. A revitalizing concoction of omega-rich oils – jojoba, hazelnut and castor – is combined with a powerful blend of bacteria-killing, blemish-fighting essential oils to detoxify pores, clear acnes, and recondition damaged skin. Witch Hazel helps shrink the appearance of pores. The result: Your best looking skin yet.

size: 50g / 1.76 fl oz


Here is the backside of the tube. Dibelakangnya pun juga simple, hanya stated Direction for use and Ingredients.

Directions: 
wet face, pour a coin size on palm, massage skin thoroughly and rinse off with water

Now, talking about Ingredients, ini list nya:
Aqua, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazelnut) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, D-alpha-Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Oil, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Boswellia Carteril (Frankincense) Oil, Polargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Salvia Scl rea (Clary) Oil, Citronelloi*, Geraniol*, Limonene*, Linalooi*
(*from natural essential oils)

Tutup tube nya itu cap yah, just like any other cleansing foam tube.

The texture is quite watery and it's in white. When it said soap free, ini beneran soap-free karena ga ada busa or layaknya sabun cuci muka lainnya.
 It has this nice calming and soothing smell that I can't get enough off. It's super nice!!
But truly speaking i'm not used to with this type of cleansing milk. I always use something soapy and with bubbles. it feels weird at first because like when I use my regular cleansing foam, it cleans out my skin thoroughly, which is strong because I don't feel any oils left in the skin.
but with this, I could still feel the oils on my face since it's very mild.
At first I use this as before washing my face, wipe it with cotton then go wash my face using cleansing foam. But after a while it didn't help much for my oily skin because I use it the wrong way.
So then I try using it sesuai dengan direction di belakang tube. And the result is amazing.
Since I rarely use foundation etc, I found this helpful to clean my face well, but If I use heavy makeup (yes of course I use cleansing oil too first, and Micellar water) I use other cleansing foam cos it didn't really clean enough the rest of the makeup.

.
.
.

Next one are Toner Sebum Balancing and For Acne

Nah yang product ke 2 adalah Toner.
Toner is quite important for oily skin (all type of skin and the right toner for each skin type), don't you think? It helps to wipe out all excess oils in the skin.

The Ingredients:
Neroli. Witch hazel. Epilobium Fleischeri ECOCert® certified organic, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Psidium Guajava Leaf Extract, Angelica Gigas Nakai Extract.

size: 100g


Botol toner nya sangat polos dan berwarna hijau. 
Toner ini berfungsi untuk Sebum control juga setelah sehabis cuci muka. It said to help to reduce excess oil in the skin.

Direction for use:
Pour enough amount to cotton pad, gently rub to the skin.


Just like any other toner, toner ini cair dan berwarna kekuningan.
It has this disturbing smell which I don't really like, But Ci Dewi said it's the last batch so they re-new the toner that she said that the smell isn't like the one I have here, so no worries!
I use this for only almost 2 weeks, because I notice that my skin gets rough but oily and develop a bit of acne. I don't like how my skin looks like at that time so I decided to stop using it. and when I stop using it, my skin slightly getting smoother again.
Sepertinya ada ingredients yang aku ga cocok dari toner ini, jadi untuk sementara aku pake rose water untuk toner pengganti, and it helps with the redness aswell.

.
.
.

and last but not least are
Calendula Soothing Gel

This Calendula Soothing Gel is a light gel to soothe sensitive skin and accelerate skin repair. 
Triple soothing power of Calendula, Oats and Chamomile.

Calendula is known good for acne and oily skin, do you know? It's anti-inflammatory, anti-bacteria, anti-fungal, and also known as natural antiseptic that used to treat acnes and reduce acne scars.
When I heard about it, I'm so excited in trying this out! because it could actually help me in reducing the appearance of my acne scars.


A light weight gel like consistency, that absorbs into the skin very quickly. Calendula soothing gel is actually a watery gel like emulsion combining both nourising oils and extracts to work synergistically to calm irritated and inflamed skin. It is effective as both hydration for oily skin or as an essence to be layered on with moisturizer for drier skin which might require more moisturization. This powerful formula has been found to work extremely well for people who are white-head prone or oily acneic type of skin.

Botolnya dalam bentuk pump, jadi sangat gampang untuk mengatur amount yang mau di tuang, dan lebih higenis.
size: 20g / 0.67 fl oz


Direction for Use:
Tekan secukupnya dan tuang ke ujung jari, pijat gently ke seluruh wajah dan leher kearah atas dan in circular motion. Fokuskan pada area yang membutuhkan lebih banyak support such as brows and jawline.

Now, the Ingredients:
Aqua, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerin (and) Water (and) Matricaria Recutita Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Seed) Oil, Lysolecithin, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Pullulan, D-alpha-Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Extract, Bisabolol, Isoamyl Laurate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel CO2 Extract, Allantoin, Niacinamide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Phytate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Citral*, Limonene*, Linalooi*
(*from natural essential oils)


Teksturnya watery cream dengan warna sedikit orange. it's not thick and it's not that sticky.
it quickly absorb to the skin. It has this smell of an orange scent which is very refreshing.
It's not oily either so it's quite nice actually. I use this from day 1 till now. 
You can see from photos below that it did a great job on reducing the redness and scars but not 100%. It takes time and it's not instant.

.
.

Let's see the progress on my face.

Week 1
This photo is after using all 3 products on day 3.
you can see redness di sekitar hidung dan eyebrow.

redness around the nose and scars on my left cheek

more visible redness and scars on the right cheek.
my problems are more on the cheeks. can you notice?

Week 2
It started to show some changes, and this is when I realize aku ga cocok sama si tonernya so when I stop using it, my skin starts to get better. This week actually pas aku dapet my period.
in this week either I notice minyak nya slightly berkurang.
you can see my skin surface on my forehead is abit better, tapi muncul jerawat kecil satu.
redness di eyebrow mulai hilang, karena aku fokusin soothing gel nya di bagian itu.

On the left side of my cheek, the redness starting to reduce. and also in the nose area.
I'm liking what I see.

And significant changes on the right cheek. Redness and acne scar yang baru mulai memudar.
Note: I didn't use the toner again this week.

Week 3
Now, di minggu ke 3. Aku sebenernya ga tau kenapa muncul banyak banget jerawat and mulai merah-merah lagi padahal udah selesai period. Yang aku rasain skin texture aku mulai kasar lagi.
Muncul jerawat di atas bibir dan di dagu.

juga muncul jerawat dan jidat deket hair line.

Yang pipi kiri ga gitu keliatan ada masalah yah. cuman jadi agak lebih merah aja dari week sebelumnya.

Dan muncul jerawat baru di pipi kanan, dan bekasnya jd abit more red than last week.


Discussion
I'm not sure what happen on week 3. But If I can guess it's probably because I have alot in mind, and lack of water or I eat something that caused this but I don't remember what I eat. I keep using this soothing gel to reduce the redness and the acne, but so far it hasn't show that much progress.
All I can do is to watch what I eat, to drink lots and lots of water again. And probably try not to be stressful? it's just because I'm being super productive this month that MAYBE I didn't really pay much attention to myself, because I just don't have the time to. So I'm not saying that this product isn't working for me because as you can see, it did such a great job on week 2. Aku suka banget how my skin changes that week.
It helps reducing the excess oil too. Yang biasa nya baru bentar aja udah minyakan, ini bisa berapa jam agak lebih lama baru minyakan. Jadi minyaknya baru berkurang sedikit, not alot, but it looks promising.

So this is my skin routine:
I wash my face with the cleansing milk, then right after I stop using toner, I use rose water as toner.
then after that I use the soothing gel, next step I use sunblock only in the morning and Benton moisturizer at night.
This is the only thing I use for almost a month, just to see how this 3 products works on my skin.

No worries, this is only 3 weeks, I will keep things updated to show you some progress on my skin. I will use it till the last drop, then I can tell you if i'm going to continue using it or not.
I hope I don't have to change any skin care again just because my face has been through alot of stuff.

For the price:
1. Skin Dewi Calendula Soothing Gel IDR 450
2. Skin Dewi Hazelnut Balancing Cleansing Milk IDR 150
3. Skin Dewi Toner Sebum Balancing and For Acne IDR 350

You can buy all these products online:

and for more Information you could check their Instagram:
@skindewi

Thankyou ci Dewi and Skin Dewi for giving me the chance to try out and review some of you great products. 
SO this is my honest review. I hope you find it helpful in any way possible.
See you on my next post.
If you guys have any question you want to ask about this, just comment on the comment box below

.
.
.
.
.


xoxo
Deedee Young


2 comments:

  1. love the first photo appeared tho! And love how it works well on your skin, unfortunately the toner didn't work well. Can't wait to seeyour update!

    www.jennitanuwijaya.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sabun alami yang terbuat dari lumpur yang dapat digunakan untuk segala usia dan dapat mengatasi berbagai masalah kulit, mewujudkan kulit cantik alami tanpa make up.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Bunnies❤
Just wanna say THANKYOU for visiting my blog and leaving me comments. I love reading all of your comments, no worries, I will reply it all too :)

If you have question you would love to ask me privately, you can email me deedeeyoung92@gmail.com and I'll answer you there.

Thankyou for your understanding! Have a lovely day bunnies❤